Supplementary Submission Guidelines
By submitting an idea, you acknowledge that you have read and are legally bound by the submission guidelines, including these supplementary submission guidelines. If you do not agree to the submission guidelines, please do not submit an idea.
Submissions Will Not be Subject to Confidential Treatment
Any idea you submit will be available for public inspection by anyone accessing the site and will not be treated as confidential. You should not post confidential business or personal information. You must assess for yourself whether the submission of an idea compromises or alters any existing intellectual property rights that you may possess. Simply put – if you do not want certain information to be public – do not include it in your submission.
Anyone may comment on an idea you submit. If you comment, you agree to do so with the full understanding that you are voluntarily giving your advice. You will not receive any compensation for doing this, nor do you create any intellectual property interest in the idea.
For any content you submit that is covered by intellectual property rights, you represent and warrant that you own or have license rights to post the content you and that such posting does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. You also grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide license to post such content on the Pioneer Pitch Day site (or any successor site) and to use the content to publicize and conduct Pioneer Pitch Day.
By submitting an idea, you grant us the right to advertise, publicize and promote, by any and all means now known or hereafter discovered the fact that such content has been submitted.
Use of the Site
You agree to act responsibly on the site. Although we do not censor the content being posted, we reserve the right to remove any content after its posting, which in our sole discretion we deem to violate our guidelines. Postings on the site are subject to these rules:
- 1. As a private foundation, we are prohibited from supporting attempts to influence the outcome of any election for public office or engaging in lobbying activity. Accordingly, these types of content are prohibited: (a) content that expressly or impliedly endorses or opposes any candidate for public office; and (b) content that encourages others to contact a government official to express support for, or opposition to, any legislation, including a specific legislative proposal that has not yet been introduced. In addition, hyperlinks to Web site pages that contain these types of content, or which direct users to such materials, are prohibited.
- 2. Be respectful of others -- do not post:
- a. Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- b. Content that falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your identity, affiliation with the Foundation, or any person or other entity;
- c. Confidential business or personal information;
- d. Content that infringes any trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- e. Content that makes available unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, sweepstakes, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any similar form of solicitation;
- f. Content that is fraudulent, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- g. Content that violates any law, ordinance or regulation; that promotes illegal activities; or that is harmful to minors; or
- h. Links to files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another.
Limitation of Liability
We shall have no liability if we select an idea other than yours to advance and/or for funding, regardless of whether your idea is substantially similar to another idea submitted.
You release us and our trustees, officers, employees, contractors, and agents, from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with your submission of an idea and use of the site.